Sr. Software Engineer
You will play a key role in developing software for visualizing and manipulating objects in 2-D space on a multi-touch, wall-sized screen.
Backed by Haworth, Bluescape is an infinite, collaborative workspace designed to accelerate decision-making by enabling anyone to create, communicate, visualize, organize, and strategize virtually anything, anywhere, anytime.
Our company culture represents an intermix between passion for technology and rock star output and appreciation for a balanced and healthy lifestyle.
We are located right in the heart of the peninsula, minutes away from the freeway and restaurants. Our office is beautiful, snacks are plentiful and innovation is in the air. We’re all entrepreneurs here no matter what role you are in, so if you want a hands-on, fast-paced environment to learn and thrive in, we’d love to hear from you
About the Role
You will play a key role in developing software for visualizing and manipulating objects in 2-D space on a multi-touch, wall-sized screen. The product combines on-premise software and cloud-based services to support the collaboration of our customers in a huddle room as well as with others in remote locations.
- Act as a key contributor to the C++/Qt engineering team
- Implement new features in partnership with the User Experience Team
- Align work to an agile development process
- Improve product quality and performance by fixing known bugs and investigating issues reported by QA or customers
- Implement cross-platform code for Windows and Ubuntu environments.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3 or more years experience in software engineering (with online applications)
- Solid knowledge in one or more of:
- Graphics programming
- Touch-based user interfaces
- Distributed systems
- Chromium internals
- Qt/QML libraries
- Demonstrated working experience on a large codebase
- Working knowledge of modern C++ and/or modern graphics APIs
- Comfortable with an agile/scrum development process
- Must enjoy a team approach to initiatives with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Have a global mindset – effectively work across virtual teams
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive health insurance available (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your family
- Life and AD&D coverage
- Long Term Disability coverage
- Paid vacation, sick time, and company holidays plus a 401K
- Work in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office with plenty of snacks, parking, and high energy
- Choice of MacBook Air or Windows laptop
Bluescape is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Haworth, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight