Sr. Product Manager, Data Platform
As a Sr. Product Manager you will play a key role in defining the Big Data Platform roadmap and strategy for Bluescape and creating the culture for analytics-based decision making across the organization.
Founded in 2012, Bluescape is a wholly owned subsidiary of Haworth. Our company culture represents an intermix between passion for technology and rock-star output and an appreciation for a balanced and healthy lifestyle. We are located right in the heart of the peninsula, minutes away from the freeway and restaurants. Our office is beautiful, snacks are plentiful, and innovation is in the air. We’re all entrepreneurs here no matter what your role is, so if you want a hands-on, fast-paced environment to learn and thrive in, we’d love to hear from you.
About the Role
As a Sr. Product Manager you will play a key role in defining the Big Data Platform roadmap and strategy for Bluescape and creating the culture for analytics-based decision making across the organization. You will partner with Engineering to create the Bluescape data platform that delivers analytics capabilities across Bluescape’s products and services. Data platform also powers contextual and personalized experiences across the Bluescape platform.
- Define the vision for Bluescape Data platform including managing the roadmap and product lifecycle from planning to development to launch
- Develop a deep understanding of analytics needs across the entire portfolio of Bluescape products
- Partner with Product Management, Customer Success, Business Operations and various business stakeholders to instrument telemetry and evangelize adoption of platform capabilities to drive personalization and improve the customer experience
- Identify, specify, and prioritize features and capabilities through direct input with customers and knowledge of the domain
- Communicating and collaborating with engineering teams and other corporate stakeholders about features and product deliverables
- Be the product champion externally and passionate voice of the customer internally
- Define priorities for your engineering team – juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines, deliver results
Skills and Qualifications:
- Deep technical understanding of data warehousing architectures, the latest happenings in Big Data movement and product analytics space
- 5-7 years of relevant product experiences that can translate into defining platform vision and working with the best engineers, analysts, and data scientists
- A passionate self-starter with a combination of business, product, and technical knowledge who has a proven ability to kick-start new projects and see them through to successful product adoption
- Extensive experience in an agile scrum environment preferably played the role of a Product Owner, Scrum Master, or Engineering Lead
- Technical and analytic curiosity; Damn good SQL skills!
- Bachelor’s degree and outstanding academic performance record are required. MS in computer science or engineering discipline is a plus
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive health insurance available (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your family
- Life and AD&D coverage
- Long Term Disability coverage
- Paid vacation, sick time, and company holidays plus a 401K
- Work in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office with plenty of snacks, parking, and high energy
- Choice of MacBook Air or Windows laptop
Bluescape is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Haworth, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight