Senior Software Engineer — Portal
The Senior Software Engineer is a key member of the Bluescape portal team and will be involved in the re-write of an existing Ruby on Rails application to react on the front-end consuming web services.
Bluescape helps companies create better. Its visual collaboration software gives teams a virtual workspace to meet, share, and develop ideas. Founded in 2012, Bluescape is a wholly owned subsidiary of Haworth.
Our company culture represents an intermix between passion for technology and rock-star output and an appreciation for a balanced and healthy lifestyle.
We are located right in the heart of the peninsula, minutes away from the freeway and restaurants. Our office is beautiful, snacks are plentiful, and innovation is in the air. We’re all entrepreneurs here no matter what your role is, so if you want a hands-on, fast-paced environment to learn and thrive in, we’d love to hear from you.
About the Role
If you want to reimagine the way companies communicate and collaborate, working with cutting-edge technologies and high-caliber professionals, then drop us a line. You will be a key member of the Bluescape portal team. This is a new project and a re-write of an existing Ruby on Rails application to react on the front-end consuming web services.
- Work with the team lead to build the Bluescape portal according to written specifications
- Understand and debug a complex, single-page application
- Build reusable components that can be used by multiple internal applications
- Collaborate effectively with the QA team and reviews test plans
- Collaborate effectively with the Design and Product teams and understand user requirements
- Be aware of trends in the software industry and identify technologies that are applicable
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 3+ years experience building web applications
- Strong software engineering background with a drive to solve complex problems
- Strong understanding of React.js and has worked on an application that is currently in production
- Proficienct in HTML5, CSS3, and React including cross-browser compatibility
- Experience using Git for source code version control and Jira for task tracking
- An interest in creating a good user experience and knowledge of what it entails
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, often with changing requirements and priorities, and deliver within tight deadlines
- Knowledge of OAuth/OpenID
- Has built RESTful API with Node.js
- Comfortable with a CSS preprocessor such as Less or Sass
- Show us any personal projects that you have worked on in your Github account
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive health insurance available (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your family
- Life and AD&D coverage
- Long Term Disability coverage
- Paid vacation, sick time, and company holidays plus a 401K
- Work in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office with plenty of snacks, parking, and high energy
- Choice of MacBook Air or Windows laptop
Bluescape is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Haworth, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.