Senior Software Engineer — Backend
The Senior Software Engineer is a key member of Bluescape’s backend platform team.
Bluescape helps companies create better. Its visual collaboration software gives teams a virtual workspace to meet, share, and develop ideas. Founded in 2012, Bluescape is a wholly owned subsidiary of Haworth.
Our company culture represents an intermix between passion for technology and rock-star output and an appreciation for a balanced and healthy lifestyle.
We are located right in the heart of the peninsula, minutes away from the freeway and restaurants. Our office is beautiful, snacks are plentiful, and innovation is in the air. We’re all entrepreneurs here no matter what your role is, so if you want a hands-on, fast-paced environment to learn and thrive in, we’d love to hear from you.
About the Role
If you want to reimagine the way companies communicate and collaborate, working with cutting edge technologies and high caliber professionals then drop us a line. You will be a key member of the Bluescape Portal team. This is a new project and a re-write of an existing Ruby on Rails application to react on the front-end consuming web services.
- Work as part of the backend platform team building RESTful services.
- Design, code, and maintain APIs that drive our client applications.
- Write secure code and debug performance problems in production systems.
- Write quality, maintainable code with good test coverage and take ownership of the code in a fast paced environment.
- Collaborate effectively with client teams and understand the requirements for the API.
- Be aware of trends in the software industry and identify technologies that are applicable for Bluescape.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 3+ years experience building scalable web services.
- Strong software engineering background with a drive to solve complex problems.
- Strong experience with Relational Databases and SQL. Can design databases schemas and think through performance implications.
- Strong understanding of OAuth, OpenID, and other authentication technologies.
- Proficient in Linux and have debugged performance issues in a production environment.
- Has used Git for source code version control and Jira for task tracking.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, often with changing requirements and priorities and deliver within tight deadlines.
- Have read the OAuth and OpenID specs and have implemented an authentication provider service in Node.
- Knowledge of SAML and integration with SSO providers like Okta.
- Show us any personal projects that you have worked on in your Github account.
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive health insurance available (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your family
- Life and AD&D coverage
- Long Term Disability coverage
- Paid vacation, sick time, and company holidays plus a 401K
- Work in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office with plenty of snacks, parking, and high energy
- Choice of MacBook Air or Windows laptop
Bluescape is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Haworth, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.