Pre-Sales Systems Engineer – New York
Bluescape helps companies connect better, to create better. Its visual collaboration software gives teams a virtual workspace to meet, share, and develop ideas.
Founded in 2012, Bluescape is a wholly owned subsidiary of Haworth. Our company culture represents an intermix between passion for technology and rock-star output and an appreciation for a balanced and healthy lifestyle. We are located right in the heart of the peninsula, minutes away from the freeway and restaurants. Our office is beautiful, snacks are plentiful, and innovation is in the air. We’re all entrepreneurs here no matter what your role is, so if you want a hands-on, fast-paced environment to learn and thrive in, we’d love to hear from you.
About the Role
As a Pre-Sales Systems Engineer you will be responsible for pre-sales activities in conjunction with the Bluescape sales team. The successful candidate will create and deliver demonstrations of Bluescape products and services, gather customer technical and business use case requirements, create evaluation test plans with customers, and manage the evaluation process to a successful conclusion.
You will work closely with customers as their primary point of contact for feedback and resolution of issues and be their advocate for issues that require assistance from the HQ Support team. You will provide feedback to the Product Management team on new feature requests and product enhancements from your customer base. Some domestic travel will be required.
- Identify and deliver solutions to use case scenarios in person or via Bluescape.
- Deliver product presentations in person or via Bluescape.
- Deliver customer requested documentation such as security questionnaires and the like.
- Assess customer A-V requirements and convey them to appropriate team members.
- Provide product installations and custom product configurations remotely, or on site.
- Work with Channel Partners to provide technical training and end user demonstration/evaluation assistance.
- Work directly with Product Management team as a liaison to accounts regarding product requirements.
- Effectively interact with internal engineering teams to scope out and provide solutions to complex technical issues for highly visible account opportunities.
- Help train Sales teams on our technology and provide support for technical sales and competitive messaging.
- BSCS or equivalent preferred with 4+ years of experience as an SE or systems integrator.
- Excellent knowledge and prior experience selling similar technologies including but not limited to understanding and developing business use cases, collaboration technologies, HTTP and web related technologies, proxies, caches, and firewalls.
- Understanding of Network topology and practical experience working with routing and switching products, including troubleshooting.
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable).
- Self-motivated and excellent organizational skills.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally. Strong problem-solving skills: ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution.
- “Whatever it takes” attitude and motivation to do whatever is necessary to assist in closing a deal.
- Prior startup experience being one of the first SEs into an organization.
- Experience with enterprise Unified Collaboration/Communications deployments and with coding/SDKs/APIs/integrations.
- Experience with products from Cisco, Zoom, Msft/Skype for Business/Teams, Pryzm.
- Experience working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel-centric go-to-market approach.