Manager, Corporate Events & Trade Shows
Bluescape helps companies connect better, to create better. Its visual collaboration software gives teams a virtual workspace to meet, share, and develop ideas.
Founded in 2012, Bluescape is a wholly owned subsidiary of Haworth. Our company culture represents an intermix between passion for technology and rock-star output and an appreciation for a balanced and healthy lifestyle.
We are located right in the heart of the peninsula, minutes away from the freeway and restaurants. Our office is beautiful, snacks are plentiful, and innovation is in the air. We’re all entrepreneurs here no matter what your role is, so if you want a hands-on, fast-paced environment to learn and thrive in, we’d love to hear from you.
About the Role
The Manager, Corporate Events & Trade Shows is responsible for overseeing and organizing corporate events for Bluescape. This individual will work in a cross-functional capacity to research, plan, execute and measure various event initiatives. While this role will encompass a variety of event formats, there will be an emphasis on trade shows and internal programs.
- Assist in the development of corporate event strategy and goals
- Research, plan and execute events from start to finish according to requirements, target audience, objectives and budget
- Manage all event logistics including but not limited to venue/ space selection, creative development, technical requirements, on-site show management, hotel blocks, event registrations and other project elements as necessary
- Act as primary point of contact for internal stakeholders; communicating deadlines, deliverables, and reports on each event
- Develop speaking submission for industry events in conjunction with product marketing team
- Research market and identify event opportunities that align with our target audience
- Track, reconcile, and report on event financials by program and by vertical
- Evaluate event performance, post-event ROI tracking, wrap-up reports and recommendations for future events
- Develop event materials including staff playbooks with pertinent details for each show
- Provide inputs to marketing and PR teams to promote and publicize event
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot emerging problems on event day
- Manage the vendor relationship, budget, and ordering of promotional items for the entire company.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
- 5+ years in event marketing, preferably for a SaaS or technology company.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple events at once.
- Proven experience managing all aspects of a program, event budgets, and timelines.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Successfully executes in a deadline driven environment.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and collaborative.
- Proactive problem-solving skills with strong attention to details.
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive health insurance available (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your family
- Life and AD&D coverage
- Long Term Disability coverage
- Paid vacation, sick time, and company holidays plus a 401K
- Work in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office with plenty of snacks, parking, and high energy
- Choice of MacBook Air or Windows laptop