Field Technician Lead
The Field Technician Lead provides technical support on all Bluescape installations and troubleshoots issues to ensure customer satisfaction.
Bluescape helps companies create better. Its visual collaboration software gives teams a virtual workspace to meet, share, and develop ideas. Founded in 2012, Bluescape is a wholly owned subsidiary of Haworth.
Our company culture represents an intermix between passion for technology and rock-star output and an appreciation for a balanced and healthy lifestyle.
We are located right in the heart of the peninsula, minutes away from the freeway and restaurants. Our office is beautiful, snacks are plentiful, and innovation is in the air. We’re all entrepreneurs here no matter what your role, so if you want a hands-on, fast-paced environment to learn and thrive in, we’d love to hear from you.
About the Role
Provides the timely support of all Field Operations for Bluescape. This includes support of the Bluescape Sales Team, Channel Partners and the Bluescape CSM Team prior to, during and post the installation of a Bluescape System (any and all hardware sold to a Customer or Channel Partner). This also includes direct and indirect interfacing with Customers and Channel Partners, along with Field Operations Logistics: Installations, Warehouse Operations including Shipping and Receiving, Database Maintenance and Systems Programing.
- Technical Field Support: The Field Technician Lead will provide technical support on all Bluescape Installations, including new Installations and the troubleshooting of problems on existing installations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- May supervise and lead members of 3rd party installation personnel during the installation of a Bluescape system.
- Project Management oversite on Direct Sales and Channel Sales Installations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Installation: The Field Technician Lead will be the primary installer on all Bluescape Direct Sales hardware installations, including both Easel and Wall installations.
- Coordinates the deployment of all Bluescape Demos and Trade Shows, including the preparation, set up and shipment of each Demo or Trade Show
- Inventory Asset Tracking and DataBase Management: Assists in the management of the Salesforce Database, tracking all hardware that is serial number controlled. This includes sales to customers, demos to customers and returns to vendors.
- Warehouse Operations: The Logistics Lead will be required to assist in the management and operation of the Bluescape Warehouse
- Inventory Management
- Pre-Installation Hardware Assembly
- Transportation Of Systems to Customers and Freight Carrier Scheduling
- Establishes best practices based on feedback from customer and clients, CSM Team and Sales Team to enhance and improve the customer experience prior to, during and post installation of the Bluescape System.
- Builds and maintains positive, collaborating working relationships with Bluescape teams, customers, influencers, and dealer partners to drive organizational goals and objectives.
- Takes initiative to stay current on products and company strategies to address customer, client, and member questions and assist with selling process.
- Utilizes personal computer (PC) and keyboard/mouse while performing functions of position.
- Will travel frequently away from field office.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent(equivalent is defined as equivalent degree OR job-specific work experience OR combination of education and job-specific work experience; two years job-specific work experience equals one year of formal education – NOTE: job-specific work experience used for education equivalency cannot also be used for work experience qualification).
- Four years in Computer Sciences, Audio/Video Installation or Project Management, coordinating the work of others in a lead capacity. This can include Data Center Operations and Commercial Logistics Center Management.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good mechanical skills, must be comfortable with the use of most hand and light power tools
- Must be able to lift 60lbs
- Must be willing and eligible to travel to all points in the U.S., Canada and other Foreign Countries (pending approval based on current Bluescape foreign country policy)
- Must have a clean driving record and current California and/or state of residence issued driver’s license.
- Must be comfortable driving medium size trucks.
- Must have the basic understanding of general shipping and receiving practices, along with a basic understanding of inventory warehousing and inventory management.
- Must be comfortable and able to accurately input data pertaining to tracking and management of Bluescape Hardware Assets including company issued employee hardware, company issued hardware and hardware sold to customers and able to accurately record data during and post installation for the purpose of asset and entitlement tracking with hardware sold to a customer.
- PC and keyboard/mouse skills required; technically proficient with word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications (i.e., Microsoft Office) and internet, with ability to learn and utilize Bluescape system as required.
- Takes Initiative in Business Unit – Demonstrates willingness to take action on problems or opportunities without prompting.
- Team Orientation – Shows skill and ease at working in groups; works with others to achieve better results and forges close working relationships and alliances to get things done.
- Develops Technical Competence – Seeks to stay abreast of new developments in core competencies and learn enough about related fields to apply knowledge effectively in business.
- Makes Profitable Recommendations in Contributor Role – Proactively weighs decisions, recommendations, and actions against their impact on bottom-line; looks for options that accomplish what needs to be done without compromising profitability; understands economics of processes used and those of customers; leverages knowledge of business and customer to provide recommendations that are efficient and practical.
- Attention to Detail – Committed to exactness and precision in task completion
- Takes Personal Responsibility in Individual Contributor Role – Demonstrates attitude and commitment to take personal responsibility for results, even when in team environment with no authority over others.
- Experience/Proficiency in Salesforce
- Experience/Proficiency in Linux operating system
- Experience/Proficiency in Rootstock Manufacturing System
- Experience/Proficiency in A/V controls such as Creston, Leviton, Simtrol or Honeywell.
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive health insurance available (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your family
- Life and AD&D coverage
- Long Term Disability coverage
- Paid vacation, sick time, and company holidays plus a 401K
- Work in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office with plenty of snacks, parking, and high energy
- Choice of MacBook Air or Windows laptop
Bluescape is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Haworth, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.