Bluescape’s Design Group is looking for a Design Director to lead a motivated, talented group of designers, engineers and researchers in designing and building a transformative visual collaboration platform experience. You are a passionate designer, an experienced leader and a great communicator. You are able to grow a multi-disciplinary design organization that can attract and retain top talent; lead a design organization that is driving the product experience; and foster a culture of rapid protoyping and iteration, influenced by first-hand customer insights.
Bluescape will provide you with an exceptional opportunity and the resources you need to build your best design team, execute the best product design work of your career and influence the industry as well as customer’s lives. You’ll work holistically across product development and intimately with engineering to implement your team’s work. You’ll get to know your customer personally, and not only solve their biggest problems, but build tools that empower and inspire them. You’ll get to work on tools that are beautiful, engaging, expressive, powerful, and truly fun to use. Join us if you are looking to work with state-of-the-art touch technology to create radically new and empowering solutions for a passionate, creative and forward-thinking customer.
- 6+ years managing multi-disciplinary product design organizations.
- Ability to develop and communicate a comprehensive product design vision, roadmap, and execution strategy.
- Excellent personal skills to motivate and develop top design talent.
- An excellent on-line portfolio showcasing 8+ years of user experience and visual design work for desktop and touch devices.
- Ability to communicate design concepts, proposals and solutions with clarity and impact.
- Demonstrates strong command of visual design, communication design and/or UX design principles.
- Highly skilled in Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud and/or similar design tools.
- Skilled liaison to technical and engineering functions.
- Enthusiasm for an iterative design process, inspired by group critique.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic, Communication or UX Design, Media Arts or similar command of design history, principles and practices.
Bluescape is a persistent, visual collaboration platform. Our workspaces introduce a limitless, persistent canvas for you and your team to collaborate on. Create, share, revise, and finalize work dynamically from a Bluescape wall, your laptop, tablet or mobile phone. Easy to learn and use, Bluescape is the hub for team and content collaboration — across the country or around the globe. Join our rapidly rising company that’s transforming the way people collaborate and communicate.